總墳簡介

Ancestral Main Graveyard

Selangor & Federal Territory Kwong Siew association ancestral main graveyard was built on a plot of land bearing lot number 8931 facing south west in a cemetery now known as Kwong Tong Cemetery Kuala Lumpur.

According to the inscription entered in the Kwong Siew ancestral tombstone by Zhao Yu and Loke Yew in 1891, the record shows that Kwong Tong Cemetery Kuala Lumpur office wasn’t even established at that time. It was set up only in 1895.

In 1900 when Kapitan Yap Kwan Seng became president of Kwong Tong Cemetery Kuala Lumpur he insisted that the Kwong Siew ancestral graveyard must have an area of 120 feet by 120 feet making a total area of 14,400 square feet.

In 1904 Cheong Keng Yu (father of Cheong Yoke Choy) was buried in a site inside the Kwong Siew ancestral graveyard.

In 1909 May the 4th , some graves of our ancestors who were buried at Lot N0 13 & 14 in Ampang cemetery were exhumed and reburied on the right side of Kwong Siew ancestral main graveyard in Kwong Tong Cemetery.

Name list of ancestors who were reburied at the main graveyard.

1916 the ancestral graveyard was revised to 240 feet by 160 feet making a total area of 38,400 square feet.

According to Kwong Tong cemetery record, Zhao Yu’s remains was reburied in another area in the cemetery which is now his current resting grave site.

In 1924 an exercise to designate the boundary was undertaken.

In May 1930 a wall was erected near the Golden Pagoda.

[top]